Friday, May 7, 2010

And so it begins...

This blog is dedicated to my research on the effect texting has on communication within interpersonal relationships. With the boom of technology our communication within our society has vastly changed. Today we rely on emailing, social networking sites, mobil phones, instant messaging and video chatting among other arenas to contact each other. And my curiosity lead me to ask the question: since we have become so heavily dependent on technology has our interpersonal communication suffered?

I chose to focus mainly on text messaging within romantic relationships and specifically dating relationships to get an insight about how romanticism, courtship and daily communication has been altered with this explosion of text messaging usage as a means to contact one another.

I performed a series of interviews to probe those on the dating scene for their opinions and this is what I found...

No comments:

Post a Comment